- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
Test Technician (d/f/m)
Tradition und Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 3.000 employees at 14 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North America Inc. in Mebane, North Carolina is the headquarters of the North American AKG companies. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are developed and manufactured in this factory.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Provide R&D services to customers, inter-company departments and intra-company departments. Document and report on the results of R&D services provided. Operate, maintain and repair in house testing equipment. Must be detail oriented, system process oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Rely heavily on previous testing environment experience, good engineering and technical judgment, general knowledge of mechanical machinery/equipment operation and equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Provide expertise for planning of upcoming R&D service requests
- Review and understand engineering drawings, manuals and technical documents
- Conducting and documenting R&D services from start to completion
- Analyzing engineering data for decision making
- Generating and providing final reporting on the results of R&D services provided
- Developing procedures, processes and work instructions as necessary
- Operate, maintain and repair in house test stand equipment
- Troubleshoot testing equipment issues
- Perform dissection and analysis on failed and/or returned test specimens
- Set up and operate data acquisition equipment in the laboratory and field
- Adhere to R&D facility safety standards and requirements
- Several years of prior experience in a controlled engineering laboratory testing environment and knowledge of engineering processes
- Excellent technical report writing and communication skills
- Proficient with developing/analyzing spreadsheets, reports and presentations (MS Office Products)
- Experience with engineering data analysis
- Proficient in review of engineering drawings, manuals and technical documents
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to coach and teach others.
- Analytical problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Must be able to travel occasion
- As available