- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Sāciet maršruta plānotāju
- Darba apraksts
Kopīgojiet šo darbu|
Test Tank Operator (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,500 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, retrieve the cooler from the conveyor belt and hoist the cooler onto the test tank.
- Use a wrench to insert the plug into the fitting, and attach the hose to the plug.
- Lower the cooler into the water and check for air bubbles or leaks within the cooler.
- Raise the cooler out of the test tank and use the blow gun to dry water off of the expansion plug.
- Manually, or with assistance of a chain hoist, lift the cooler out of the test tank. Use a wrench to remove the hose from the plug.
- Document and stamp the cooler once it has been tested.
- Hoist the cooler back on the conveyor belt and direct to the repair line, if leaks are found in the coolers.
- Develop knowledge of the different plugs that can be used in the fittings on the tanks.
- Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Reports to: Supervisor
- Experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment is preferred.
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand (50%) and walk (50%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (5%) of the time.
- Must be able to use a pallet jack and a chain hoist.
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves.
- As available