- USA - Mitchell, S.D. 57301
- Sāciet maršruta plānotāju
- Darba apraksts
Kopīgojiet šo darbu|
Safety Coordinator (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,500 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain factory safety policy and support the safety manager.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits.
- Conduct analyses that include trend and root cause research.
- Lead investigation into accidents and mishaps.
- Create reports to inform factory leadership on all aspects of safety status.
- Lead and Coordinate safety-related activities such as committee meetings, trainings, evacuation drills, maintain documentation, etc.
- Provide recommendations for improvements and investments to Management.
- Understand and apply federal and state occupational safety and health regulations to factory operations and support preparation of documents for the factory to comply with regulations.
- Maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Reports to: Supervisor
- To perform this job successfully, candidate must possess listed KSAs and be able to perform essential functions satisfactorily.
- Formal education and practical experience with safety program administration and implementation is preferred.
- Working knowledge Of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, practices, and audits.
- Practical experience with creating and modifying industrial safety training programs.
- Three years manufacturing experience preferred not mandatory, working safety topics.
- This position is characterized by 65% office and 35% activities on the floor.
- Must be able to stand and walk through entire shift.
- May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves.
- As available