- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Sāciet maršruta plānotāju
- Darba apraksts
Kopīgojiet šo darbu|
Quality Technician (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,500 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Inspect all cooling packages after they have been assembled, and fill out an Inspection Report to document that the products are ready for shipment.
- Check the quality of other parts, such as castings and helicoils, prior to being used in making the cooling package.
- Check and ensure that each cooling package is correctly built by the Final Assemblers, based on the blueprint instructions.
- Fill out Inspection Reports, documenting that the cooling packages are properly assembled.
- Inspect all castings, based on the blueprint instructions, prior to being used by the welding department.
- Label the casting storage containers, once the material has been inspected.
- Use a drill to check that all helicoils have been put on the CAT Sanford Coolers, if this part is missing, put a hold tag on the coolers and transport the coolers to the non-conformance area.
- Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Use a forklift to move racks, crates and skids to appropriate storage areas in the plant as needed.
- Assist Quality Administrator, when needed, with calibration projects.
- Assist Warranty Technicians, when needed, with checking the quality of the returned products.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Reports to: Supervisor
- Prior experience working as a Quality Inspector in a manufacturing/warehouse environment is preferred
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift
- Ability to read and understand detailed blueprint instructions
- Ability to use a forklift, and has a current forklift certification
- Ability to use various computer programs
- Must have basic mathematic skills, along with the ability to use and understand measuring tools
- Must have great attention to detail
- Must be able to use a chain hoist, pallet jack, hand truck and power tools
- Must be able to sit (20%) walk (80%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (25%) of the time
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves
- As available